Well, then. This is FOR YOU. To have ;)

Monday, March 14, 2005

Ancestry 101

So, today I was just doing some random searching online and I had this *bright* idea to look for my last name & the word Ancestry - to maybe see where I am from. I swear I had done this before- I don't recall my findings - but anyway...
So I did a search on Google and one of the first URLs that I see is a forum from Ancestry.com. It seems as though some of my cousins have already been posting to the forum - and some of the stuff that my grandfather told me about where he is from is making a bit of sense.

I guess it boils down to my being a bit German - possibly from Russia or Prussia and another bit Hungarian (only from what my Grandfather told me - so may be unrelated to the name - I've always called myself mostly Hungarian, but we will never be sure) - my dad's side of the family came here perhaps in the late 1800s / early 1900s.

What makes this really odd is - a couple weeks back, someone randomly told me that I looked like I was Russian, and I thought that they were a little insane...

Oh well, I think most of us are such a mixture that it is hard to find anything out for certain - but this was interesting nonetheless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home