Well, then. This is FOR YOU. To have ;)

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Nuts about being Healthy and 80s flashback

This morning, and two other times this month, I was able to get up early and go to the gym. It's such a good feeling to get a good healthy start to the day.

Working out in the morning gives me a good outlook and some added energy. It seems like I get into a routine (work, home, work, work, home, sleep) - especially in the winter. It is good to break that routine.

I am really looking forward to getting outdoors this summer! Yesterday was the first day that it was warm enough to rollerblade - 1st rollerblade of 2006!! Woohoo.

Also on the front - 80s day at work. On the 31st of this month we are supposed to dress up like people did in the 80s and bring a dish to pass that typical of the type of food that was very popular in the decade. I can't even think of what I ate in the 80s. I know I had some tunafish sandwiches, mac & cheese and jello. :) Not sure what else.
Here is a link to popular food of the 80s:
80s Food
Amazing what you can find on the internet. I don't know what I am going to make yet - I do think I want to make actual food instead of a dessert this time.

This is what the "advertised plan" is - even though I didn't think the 80s were "cool" persay, but I like it when we do fun things at work so I'll play along a bit:

"Ok, folks, start looking for those Hammer pants and the legwarmers, we are going to schedule an 80’s day! I’m thinking tentatively 3/31 – Are there any customers we might scare due that day?!

80’s clothes are appropriate attire:
Links

Figure out your gig, and start looking for some food that typifies the 80s that you can bring. 80s CDs welcome, we can play them over the loudspeakers – awesome!!"


I have no clue on what I will wear for this! Ugh, I can't think of 80s clothes I'd like to wear! I never did follow the "fads" in the 80s - thank goodness.



Maybe next we'll do a 70s day, which I really could dress up for! I'd really get into wearing the flared out pants and vintage tee - Yea MAN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home