Well, then. This is FOR YOU. To have ;)

Friday, February 16, 2007

Didn't want to go out - good thing for SUVs

So, I kind of got stuck in my driveway today. I woke up and went straight outside to shovel to make sure we could get out this morning. I did a good enough job and went back inside to take a shower and make an english muffin and head out to work. It snowed again last night - right now our banks are almost as tall as we are! Valentines day was the worst day for snow. Mike stayed home and worked from here (with the flaky wireless) while I went into work because I had a doctor's appointment anyway and there is no work from home where I work.
Days like Wednesday make me wish I could work from home like I used to be able to! Oh well.
So, after I get all showered and have my english muffin in hand - Mike is shoveling the driveway again. I didn't realize that in the time that I had been in the house the plow had gone by and filled up the end of the driveway again and I got stuck in the bank on the side trying to miss his car on the way out.
It was really no big deal - 4 wheel drive is a wonderful thing and thank goodness because I would not have wanted to drive most of this week with the Cougar.

Mike gave me a CD for Valentines day called Hello Goodbye - it has some pretty cool songs on it including one that I was singing all day when we were skiing last weekend - sneaky sneaky! "I like where you are... here". It's kind of like a techno / pop / grungy... uhhh, who knows. Fun song though and awfully addictive.

Hmmm, tomorrow we are going to Winterfest to celebrate all of the snow that we've been getting lately. I think they have some kind of ticket where you can go to different pubs in Armory to taste food and drinks. I like the idea, but I'm probably going to wear a wool sweater. Hehe - we are going to celebrate.

Did I mention that Mike is almost as crazy as I am and I like him for that... he likes to go out and do fun things like go for a walk on the balmy night we had last night. By the time we walked two blocks the front of my legs were almost completely frozen, but the rest of me was warm. Thank goodness for wool sweaters.

I hope to go skiing on Sunday again - and now we have lots of snow to break our fall. It's not often that people appreciate winter and I like to do that often, even though I get frustrated when I shovel the snow and have to drive carefully. The snow banks are big enough now though that it's less dangerous (I guess - as long as there are no other cars in the way) - atleast you'll run into a bank before going into a ditch.

Now is the time of huge icicles and a ton of snow falling off of your roof. I wish it was Christmas time (without the stress of buying presents).
Maybe we should have a snow party.

Bye!

1 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, Blogger jail_them_all said...

put those skis away and get on a board!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home