Well, then. This is FOR YOU. To have ;)

Saturday, May 21, 2005

First Hike 2005

I just got home from my first group hike of the year - 5 miles round trip. It was a very relaxed hike - we took time to look at the spring wildflowers and we had a wide range of ability.

One of the nice things about hiking is that it gives uninterrupted time to think about things that you normally don't have time to think about, or the right mindset to think about.

Things contemplated today:

-There might be a possibility that there are people who are just nice and as they are - nothing hidden.
-Why at the worst times, do I feel I have the most trouble communicating - I wonder if other people have that problem?
-If we hadn't walked in this far, we may have never seen any of these wildflowers - maybe noone would have seen them.
-I wonder what it would be like skiing this trail? Hmmm, impossible.
-Geez, the only thing bad about hiking is that I'm not near a computer - it's also the best thing. I didn't check my e-mail yet today...
-I'd like some new hiking boots, these are starting to get rough going downhill...

And more than several times:
-The world is amazing - I want to see more of it.

Hey, I had to blog quickly when I got home, otherwise, I would have forgotten all of this important stuff!

1 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

-There might be a possibility that there are people who are just nice and as they are - nothing hidden.

[Stampy headbutts another elephant]
Marge: Gosh, I thought he'd be happier in his true habitat.
Warden: Oh, I think he is.
Marge: Then why is he attacking all those other elephants?
Warden: Well, animals are not like people, Mrs. Simpson. Some of them act badly because they've had a hard life, or have been mistreated...but, like people, some of them are just jerks.
Warden:Stop that, Mr. Simpson.
[Homer headbutts the warden repeatedly]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home