Well, then. This is FOR YOU. To have ;)

Monday, June 27, 2005

Terrible Migrane & The Post-Standard

Two unrelated subjects, but equally important ... perhaps?

Last night I had the worst headache that I've had in several years... since I was in college, actually. I am still recovering, ugh...
It started when I was making waffles for the morning last night - I was in my kitchen & the temperature in there was pretty warm, nothing to think 2x about when I started to get this headache. I tried to ignore it, but it progressed to be worse & worse until I could barely stand up.
Of course, I am a glutton for punishment ... so, I continued with making the waffles and downed some water (3 full glasses) thinking that I was maybe a bit dehydrated. By the time I was done making the food, I was very very nauseous.
I had planned on watching some TV before bed but there was just no way. I had barely enough willpower to brush my teeth and make my way to bed.
I tossed and turned gripping my head until I could fall asleep and woke up several times from the pain.
Thank goodness that this doesn't happen to me that often. I can't imagine what caused it??

On another note, I'm getting the Post-Standard paper on a free trial basis for 4 weeks. I agreed to this on the telephone a couple weeks back, however, I didn't realize that they would be delivering a paper to me every day!
I thought I would only get a paper on Sunday!!! So, I didn't even get through yesterday's paper, and I have a new one today.
Blasphemy.

Now totally unrelated... does anyone know if the Westcott Theater has a webpage?

2 Comments:

At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the migraine...

Link for Westcott

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger PEACHES said...

Thanks for the link - I'll have to check there for more movies.
I watched "Mad Hot Ballroom" yesterday at Westcott Cinema. The movie was about young kids in Brooklyn learning to dance and preparing for a ballroom competition. It was serious at times and humorous at times.
Programs such as this provide a diversion for these kids, keeping them away from trouble that often is inevitable in the city environment. I think that the people who volunteer the time to these programs are outstanding heros. The kids leave these programs knowing that there are other things out there for them to look forward to rather than what tempts them on the street.

And... I was so impressed at how well the kids danced at the end!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home