Well, then. This is FOR YOU. To have ;)

Monday, September 12, 2005

Indian Pass / Avalanche Pass trip

The trip this past weekend was great. It was a total 22 mile round trip hike (with a nice very comfortable overnight stop at the lodge in the middle).
Started the trip by going to Aunt Polly's where I slept in the barn - now, I was imagining a rotting old piece of junk building with smelly hay and rotting moldly stuff - water logged bugs, spiders and cow manure. Instead, the stay up there was better than some hotels. Sorry to disappoint you!
I had my brand new sleeping bag with me too, so that was nice and warm.
Trip in a nutshell - Hiked all day Sat - had dinner, looked at the stars, slept - next day - had breakfast and hiked back to the cars.
I'd write more, but it's getting late and I'm tired, but I promised to post these pictures because I never do. Really, I don't - (Mr. Furious says I only post them when I'm looking fierce - I suppose that's true).
So anyway, here they are.
After hiking I was really looking forward to some cheerios.

I'm sorry that I didn't even get a chance to blog about last weekend! One of the most wonderful people I know brought me to Lake George where we hiked to the summit of Prospect Mountain. He's got the pictures for that one. After visiting Prospect, we browsed around Lake George Village, played minature golf, ate bad for you ice cream, went to Smokey Bones, and played competitive Monopoly.
The 2 minature tootsie-rolls we won after playing minature golf became my trail food this past weekend.

I can't believe how lucky I've been to have the opportunity to have done all of these things this summer!
And this winter I've got a new recruit for snowshoeing and skiing, Muhahah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home