Well, then. This is FOR YOU. To have ;)

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Freezing in here!

This time I am not just cold - I can actually see my breath.

My furnace went out last night and right now the thermostat is reading lower than 40, which is the lowest reading that it will show.

My furnance guy has half of my furnace right now - he said - "Wow, this motor probably hasn't been replaced since this furnance was installed!" I have a very old furnace - it's 25 years old.
There is this fan attached to the motor that is supposed to spin freely and it wasn't spinning at all.

Sometimes house ownership has it's inconveniences and costs!! My theory is - if you have to have the part, they can charge more for it because you HAVE to have it - they know that if I didn't fix the furnance, I'd be camping out elsewhere for the winter!

CooCoo keeping warm:



Update:
Repairman came back - the furnace is now producing heat and it is above 50 degrees in my house!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home