Well, then. This is FOR YOU. To have ;)

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Tis the season to be busy

A lot has been happening lately...

Coworker Moving On
This week the reality set in - three weeks ago one of the people whom I've worked with very closely every day decided to persue another career opportunity. I know he will do a great service at his new job and I'm glad to have had the opportunity to work with him. He took the time to go through everything he could with us before he left and we had a happy hour and lunch dedicated to the cause. I wish him the best of luck and share his excitement in his new opportunity.

Thanksgiving Holiday
This year I had thanksgiving dinner at my father's house. I had to stay close to home because I was on call, so it was much easier that way - and in a way it was better because I wasn't going crazy trying to organize everything and make everyone happy. This is the first time that I remember that I have spent the holiday with my father. Of course, he made way too much food for the cause (how many loaves of bread can I actually eat - base your scale on this - we had 5 pies for 4 adults) but all in all it turned out to be really nice.
My brother also came by, and, therefore, we were all able to be some of the first to play the XBox 360. The game we played was "Perfect Dark" and it was pretty cool because you could either play against the computer (several men shooting at you) or just against someone who was in the same room with you. We were laughing so hard because the controller on the left that moves you around - if also pressed while in the moment will cause the character in the game to crouch and move around almost spider like. Very hilarious. I can see how these games can get addicting - they require a lot of skill. There were a couple times when my brother was right behind me pointing his gun at me and I didn't even know he was there. I was getting pretty good at the end - I can use ALL of the weapons *smile*.
We watched "BeWitched" that night also - a movie that I think is worth seeing once. The story is about a woman who tries to become "normal" - I can't tell you much more here because I might ruin it for you, but it is also a little about love! Awww... It's a good family movie.

Christmas Shopping / Tree Lighting / Ice Skating
I had to go Christmas shopping on black Friday - of course - it was adventurous! Actually, it wasn't as packed as I had imagined, of course, I didn't go at 5am either. After shopping, Blazer and I planned on going to the Tree lighting but with organizing everyone ended up missing the actual plugging in of the lights. I'm sure there will be other lights turning on this month though, so we'll catch some of those :) - We ended up going Ice Skating downtown, which was such a blast. They played Christmas music and we skated around the rink - avoiding the occassional stumbling child. This one girl was actually stumbling in front of me and I was going to hit her, so I swooped her up into my arms and was able to break her fall. Going skating really made my night / weekend.

Today - Drilling
I went to the dentist today and they drilled my teeth. You should ask me about the story sometime, b/c I certainly have one, but am too worn out to post about it right at this minute! Burning tooth enamel, spraying water, bits of metal, sharp objects ... ummm, ok, maybe you've heard enough.

Also, on another note, I've been working on C++ code every minute I get lately. I'll be finishing up my projects over the weekend, for sure.

That's it for now - I'll try to post more often!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home