Well, then. This is FOR YOU. To have ;)

Monday, August 07, 2006

To the Dark Side...

So, I never thought I'd do this, but I actually went to the store tonight with a girlfriend of mine and bought a very good scrapbook. That's right - I've converted to the dark side (non-digital madness).

Now for the reasons - well, with the recent trip to NYC and the new house I realized just how much this might help me to organize my stuff while at the same time help me remember an event. When I went to NYC I brought back a lot of menus and tickets - postcards for the new Ground Zero, that type of thing.

Now, in my filing cabinet that I have in my office, I have a bunch of things in a folder called "Miscellaneous" but it ends up being just a bunch of scraps, kind of like the abundance of school work that I still have to go through someday :)

So, anyway, I bought this scrap book and some really cute stickers (ooo!) - so far I've decided that I'm going to scrap "New House" and "NYC Trip" so it's pretty exciting. I get to organize my scraps.

The trouble ends up being having the time for ANOTHER hobby. I just don't have enough time for everything that I'd like to do.

How long have I been trying to watch that movie now? ;)

Never a dull moment I guess - especially lately, I tell ya.

Anyway, so I know you've been ever so patiently waiting to hear about the NYC trip. My girlfriend and I covered many many city blocks in New York.
It's funny because I'm tempted to do the list again, just too much stuff happened there. Ok, here goes:

--- Airplane - did not get delayed by airplane, did get delayed by my girlfriend talking to the pilot and giving us the opportunity to sit in the pilot seat!

--- Stayed at the New Yorker hotel where the rooms where very nice, the food was excellent (we ate an entire loaf of italian bread and two plates of vodka sauce pasta between the two of us - nono, not over a day - in one sitting)

--- Subway Riding adventures which took us to the Hot Buttered Rum concert (well kind of took us - we ran many city blocks to make the concert on time - not something I'd like to try 2x but interesting nonetheless), Times Square, 5th Avenue, Central Park, Ground Zero, Wall Street (men in suits!) - I don't think I can think of anything else right now... hmm... well...

--- Hot Buttered Rum
Concert - many smelly, sweaty folks on a boat that almost got torn apart by a huge lightning storm - power went out on the boat and we couldn't dock the boat, so the band played without electricity. We almost did not come back from NY!
(Saw Statue of Liberty - AMAZING)

....
Part 2 tomorrow guys - that's not all, still have to tell you about the trip to NJ, it's getting late. Just realized I need to be sleeping.
More soon!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home