Well, then. This is FOR YOU. To have ;)

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Well, that was fun - ok, ok, it was obsessive

I just got home from class - oh my! That is the latest that I have stayed at the college in a long time - normally I'm out of there by atleast 10 o'clock!
I was busy though (and not alone mind you) obsessing over this C++ program that is supposed to deal poker cards and run some queries of sorts (to determine if you have 2 of a kind, 3 of a kind, 4, straights, etc). Let me tell you this right now - passing multidimentional arrays of constant character pointers from function to function is not recommended. If attempted (especially late in the day), this procedure will cause multiple errors of undeterminable cause!
After I tried to get the program to work for approximately two hours, the teacher made a comment that he could not figure out a similar program on another student's computer whom he had been helping for the latter majority of the evening (she was also passing the pointers). Soooo, I have now decided to stick to integers that point to character strings indirectly and more than likely I will be able to work on this better after some sleep.
Phew. That was a lot of typing. Ok, so... I guess the reason that I really wanted to get this finished is because the deadline was tonight - but he is giving everyone who stayed late a one day extension (shh). Late night class is a tricky influencer.
I think maybe I just need some quiet to get it finished - people attempting to explain things to eachother in the class is a bit of a distraction. Also, after looking at something for 3 hours it tends to blur together - you know what I mean... the clearness is in reach though, I can feel it - it's invigorating. :-p

And to think what I really wanted to give you tonight was a recipe for cooking Rhubarb singleton style - ohh, and I need more Rhubarb because it is sooooo sweet.

Goodnight now :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home