Well, then. This is FOR YOU. To have ;)

Monday, August 15, 2005

This & that

Well, I just finished mowing my lawn for what may be the last time this year. I probably disturbed a million crickets (are these critters mostly a end of summer type?) and a whole colony of ants. Nonetheless, my lawn is mowed. It wouldn't need it at all if it weren't for the weeds. I don't know what happened but my lawn has been mostly brown for most of the summer - maybe it was the heat?
I'm not really sure, but it didn't affect my neighbors yard, nor the weeds that insist on growing throughout my stone driveway. I sprayed those ones with weed killer today, don't know if that will help or not - maybe it will because they are due to dwindle anyway. Heh, unstoppable weeds.

So, I also noticed my dying rose bush. Are the leaves on rose bushes supposed to turn brown in the fall? It was doing well all summer, supposed to be real pretty too. Just planted that one this year - it was the first weekend of May that it went into the ground. The flowers are supposed to be pink. Some hybrid type.

I'm starting to think about the things I need to do before winter. My list so far contains:
Replace needed windows (needful)
Paint the steps and walk
Definetely put more insulation in the attic

Other not as important:
Replace loose shingles (maybe two?)
Consider replacing front and back door - again

More soon.
Time to go have some coffee.
Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home