Well, then. This is FOR YOU. To have ;)

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Interesting

So, later tonight it is possibly going to hail after being above 85 degrees all day long, isn't that interesting?

On Memorial Day we went to Green Lakes State Park to relax on the beach and ended the day with walking around the lake. There was a greyhound being walked in when we were coming out of the trail and I keep thinking of how precious that dog was. I'd really like to get a dog someday - one that I could take with me walking, even though those beaner dogs are so darn cute, they probably wouldn't make it a block.

It's been a very odd year for bugs. There are a ton of those little catepillars everywhere - at the parkway, near streams, in my grandmother's pool... not sure what is going on with that... OH, and the other day, there was this HUGE ant in my house. I don't think I've ever seen an ant of this size. I was talking with my grandmother about this ant and she mentioned carpenter ants, but I only found one, and he was in the kitchen where it's all tile. Carpenter ants like wood. Guess I'll be on the lookout for sawdust.

Nasty bugs, anyway. You should see the ones that I found near the rose bush... actually, no you shouldn't. Oh, and speaking of that... my grandfather gave me all of his rose bushes this year. So this morning, I'm trying to spray them - he gave me some stuff I'm supposed to put on there so they will not have afids (sp?) - I have no clue. Well, there is this garden sprayer and I can't get the darn thing open to put water in. I tried seriously for a half an hour this morning to break into the container and I realize that it must be childproof, but gosh - I must not be pressing the buttons hard enough and the instructions online do not describe how to open it. If anyone has a clue - it's the flowmaster garden sprayer. I'll mess around more with it - probably tonight. He says that I have to spray them right away otherwise I'll get bugs and rot or something. Oh, my dear delicate flowers :)

Anyway - have to get back to it. Have a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home